27 Apr Review: Vegan Cuts Snack Box
A vegan snack box of goodness delivered to your door once-a-month? As one friend of ours put it regarding monthly delivery services: “I love getting presents in the mail.”
You know what? So. Do. We.
In fact, mix a monthly package at our doorstep with vegan snacks and it’s a recipe for damn near perfection. It also stops us from spending money at the grocery store.
Admittedly, we’re a little late to the monthly delivery service trend, but we’re stoked we finally caught on. Why? Because it’s rad to get stuff curated by experts at our door every month.
The first foray into this fabulous world — the Vegan Cuts Snack Box.
What is the Vegan Cuts Snack Box?
Quite simply, the Vegan Cuts Vegan Snack Box is a monthly treat featuring some fabulous vegan snacks. Every box is loaded with seven to 10 snacks, plus some coupons and samples. Each month, the contents change.
Why We Love the Vegan Cuts Snack Box
The Snack Box makes it easy to discover tasty vegan snacks. Rather than scouring the shelves at the grocery store, reading labels and hoping whatever it is we purchase is worth it, the Vegan Cuts Snack Box makes it easy to uncover tasty treats. It saves time and money. Love.
We also dig it because it helps us figure out what snacks we want more of (like the 100-calorie pack of the Pipcorn Truffle we’re currently noshing) … and also the ones we’re not sold on … yet (looking at you, RAWR Bar).
Now, picture getting a snack pack of vegan delights monthly? The snack possibilities are endless.
What goes into the items shipped out monthly? According to Chris Petrellese, curator of the Snack Box, who does his best to plan each box based on the time of the year, he also likes to include a wide variety of snacks and more unique products (a la the Daily Green Boost).
A Look at the April Snack Box
The April Snack Box was loaded with fab finds. In fact, there wasn’t a single item we had tried before.
What was in the box?
- Pipsnacks Pipcorn Truffle Popcorn. Why we loved it? Flavor aside, this low-cal snack comes in the perfect popcorn bite, and leaves out the pieces which get stuck in teeth. Did we mention how amazing it tastes?
- Vegthisway RAWR Bar. This fruit leather is packed with veggies and fruits in fun flavors like Aloha Squash. Chewy, sweet and a fab snack to satisfy your sweet tooth, without all the guilt.
- Raw Rev Organic Live Food Bar. Don’t let its candy bar appearance trick you. The bar is dark chocolate and caramel and makes a heavenly low-cal dessert.
- Jimmybar Clean Snack Bar. Available in a variety of flavors, these clean snack bars claim to be free of empty calories, GMO glucose, high fructose corn syrup or boosts of protein. Truth be told, we dig them.
- Shine Organics Drinks. We got not one, but two Shine Organics Drinks in our Snack Box. One was apple/guava/kale/strawberry/parsley/chia. The other was banana/carrot/mango/orange/wheatgrass/turmeric. These are delicious blends of organic fruits and vegetables, as well as micronutrients served in a pouch you drink directly out of. While the consistency takes a little bit of getting used to, the flavor combinations are fantastic.
- Organics Living Superfoods. This single serving of sprouted raw almonds and cashews are ranch flavored is one of the few savory items in there. It’s a little boost of protein that’s tasty.
- Nature’s Addict Fruit Snacks. We got the snack pack of the apple-raspberry variety and they were a delicious little treat. These bite-sized morsels come 100 percent from dried fruit extract.
- Kettle Brand Sea Salt Chips. Made with all-natural, non-GMO ingredients, this single serving of sea salt chips hit the spot.
- Xylichew. It’s a pain to find vegan gum in the real world, so having it delivered make us very happy. Even better, this gum is preservative-free and made with natural fruit and veggie sweeteners.
- Choice Organic Teas. We got two tea bags in this box. These are fair trade teas and come in flavors like Licorice Mint and Blackberry Hibiscus.
- Drink Maple. Maple water… not to be confused with the other waters out there. This stuff is packed with vitamins and minerals. Collected from Vermont maple trees in the spring, it’s naturally hydrating with the slightest whisper of maple syrup taste.
- Bonus Items: Daily Green Boost. The Boost is loaded with vitamins, minerals, enzymes and more. While we haven’t tried this yet, we will soon. You add a boost to juices or smoothies to help increase your daily nutritional intake.
- Coupons. The box also includes some coupons for other vegan products, like Purple Carrot food delivery service.
How it Works
Vegan Cuts offers a variety of monthly deliveries (stay tuned, we’re going to talk the Beauty Box in May!). The Snack Box starts at one month for $22.95. The more months you opt for the service, the cheaper the price. Shipping mid-month, every month, the box includes seven to 10 vegan snacks, plus some coupons.
Ready to try it out? Order your Vegan Cuts Vegan Snack Box now!